Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm so excited to share this new beginning with you on my blog. It seems like perfect timing as I started a new job that is fulfilling me in all ways I could ask for from work. Now, the challenge is to keep my life in balance despite the insanely long hours most days/nights at work. While I'm satisfied with the career and growth opportunity I am swimming in, I still need to remember there is more to life than just "work". .. and that I want more from my life. I think my travels have contributed to my perspective of a meaningful and satisfying and peaceful/happy life. While I love working, relationships and my personal passions and health are extremely important to me. All these areas are probably never equal in my time and effort and focus, but I will always make sure they are in consideration and not forgotten to be nurtured as well.

My blog was to focus on the meshing of cooking and travel and life/inspiring stories with cooking and traveling at its nucleus. It didn't take long before I realized this blog was morphing in to something I didn't want it to be--personal. But, I guess that is what writing is to me. . . it's a form of expression, an outlet, and a means through which I can self reflect for my own personal growth and awareness and also with a greater hope of being able to inspire others.

While cooking and travel are inspiring passions of mine, dance and music have always been an important element in my life. I've realized even more so now how powerful movement and music-lyrics and rhythms-are. As most everyone is fully aware, salsa dancing has been a love of mine for several years now. "It" taught me how to be present and live in the moment. This was one of the most important lessons I have learned and practice well to this day. Now, I am learning how to truly love myself and have a strong inner confidence and strength.

Over a year ago, after a cheating boyfriend, I started pole dancing. About half a year had passed since my first introduction class, but the timing was right this time. Something pushed me, and I impulsively signed up for my first session at SFactor. Now, I am addicted. I recently tried to convince myself not to sign up for another expensive session, but I felt like I was going through withdrawal. I tried another studio but walked out early and made a phone call to sign up again at SFactor. My body craved the delicious swirls, drippy movements, exhilarating inversions, strong climbing and flying spins. . . and all this to amazing music that inspires moving meditation. The journey has been wonderful, and my mind and body are not ready to stop.

I've decided to get over confining my blog to stories about food and travel and now beginning to added music and maybe even movement clips that I find inspiring and make me feel good. . .or even bad. . .but that make me FEEL and take me somewhere within myself. Music and dance tell their own stories, and we create our own with our relationships to and with them.

Now, there's not so much reason for me adding this song by Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings other than I just wanted to try imbedding a video into the blogger and happened to be listening to this song since I recently downloaded it as of Sunday after I heard it beating from the pole class before me. I am loving the soul music and sultry sounds. .. and the lyrics tell entertaining stories. Hope you enjoy and find it nourishing food for your soul. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment